quinta-feira, janeiro 22, 2009

Hi everyone!

I’m Bárbara and I’m a Translation student in Lisbon! I’m not actually from this city but I have to live here because of being in university! I came to this course because I like languages (and my favourite one is English!); I love reading, that’s my number one addiction, and my dream career is to became a writer! I’m a big fan of the Fantastic genre in Literature and also in Cinema, which is another big passion of mine! In this subject, I enjoy movies like Twilight, which is based on the book with the same name, by Stephenie Meyer, but I think that the book is much better than the movie...well, I had to say it! I also like movies such as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Mission (that has the most AMAZING soundtrack) and Mamma Mia, a great and refreshing comedy!
I love listening to music; I like bands such as Paramore and the great Xutos e Pontapés, the ultimate Portuguese rock band; in their songs, it’s noticeable their love for music and also their social conscience about themes such as poverty, the homeless and the political situation of our country! (here’s a link, CHECK IT OUT!!!:
http://www.xutos.pt/abertura.html )
I’m crazy about green (and also sort of mythical) landscapes...forests, rivers...I really enjoy going to Sintra, because of all that sort of magical atmosphere, all those trees and Palácio da Pena on the top of the village, like watching it...my love with the Fantastic, I guess...and that’s a few things about me...any questions, just send me a message!

1 comentário: